But yeah, we felt it inside. It was mild.”.

The magnitude 4.1 earthquake struck about 10 miles east-northeast of Dover. The main highway, US 95, between Las Vegas and Reno was closed due to cracks.

That’s what it was, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. That 5.8 magnitude quake was centered in Mineral, Virginia … ©2020 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The United States Geological Survey reports that Delaware has experienced a 4.1 magnitude earthquake. “Lots of times we hear about fault lines over in the California region where we have multiple plates coming together and going underneath each other, that’s not what we have in Maryland now,” said state geologist Richard Ortt of the Maryland Geological Survey. “It is pretty unusual to have an earthquake of this size in this area,” says Julie Dutton of USGS. AAA Mid-Atlantic: Gas Prices At Lowest Levels Since 2004, Baltimore County Executive Says COVID-19 Restrictions Should Be Made At State Level To Prevent Spread, Commissioner: Suspect Fatally Shot After Opening Fire On Baltimore Police Officers In Unmarked Car, Injuring 1, 3 Injured After Car Goes Into Catonsville Home, Coronavirus In Maryland: Positivity Rate Back Above 5%, Sixth Straight Day Over 1K New Cases Reported, Dr. Ben Carson Tests Positive For COVID-19, Attended White House Election Night Watch Party, Midshipman 1st Class Sydney Barber Will Be The First Black Woman To Lead US Naval Academy's Brigade, Nancy Pelosi Could Become President Should Election Remain Uncertified By Deadline, Law Prof Says, Gov. There’s not as common to have earthquakes in that area, but there are a lot of faults that do have the potential for earthquakes, so it’s not that completely unheard of.”. Facebook Twitter Google Email Earthquakes Latest Earthquakes Earthquake Lists, Maps & Statistics Special Earthquakes, ... USGS Earthquake Hazards Program, responsible for monitoring, reporting, and researching earthquakes and earthquake hazards ... 6.8 48 km SW of San Pedro de Atacama, Chile. Back in 2011, another rare earthquake rocked the region. It felt more like a heavy truck passing by the house or an off-kilter industrial dryer! BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The United States Geological Survey reports that Delaware has experienced a 4.1 magnitude earthquake. “It just felt like a train going by, but there aren’t any trains around here,” said Gustavo Vila, an Anne Arundel County resident. The epicenter of that 5.8 quake was in Virginia. Although it was centered near Dover, WJZ has received many reports of people feeling the ground shake throughout Maryland, including in Baltimore, Jessup and Pasadena.

It caused damage to the Washington Monument. It was also felt to the north of Delaware, as far away as Rockway Park, New York. “It’s not typical… There are actually several faults throughout the east coast. The U.S. Geological Survey gave varying estimates of the earthquake… A 4.1 magnitude earthquake with an epicenter near Dover, Delaware, has rocked parts of Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Virginia. 2020-06-03 07:35:36 UTC 112.0 km. Earthquake information for europe. Delaware earthquake 01:44. The earthquake was initially reported as a … This is the largest earthquake to occur within about a 90 mile radius since 1994 when a M4.6 event was recorded near Reading, Pennsylvania, and it might be the largest in Delaware since an earthquake of unknown magnitude near Wilmington on October 9, 1871. EMSC (European Mediterranean Seismological Centre) provides real time earthquake information for seismic events with magnitude larger than 5 in the European Mediterranean area and larger than 7 in the rest of the world. The earthquake was initially reported as a 5.1 magnitude, and then a 4.4 magnitude, but USGS has revised their original information. The tremor occurred at 4:47 p.m., centered about 6 miles northeast of Dover, Del., and about 5 miles deep.

I blame off shore oil drilling, or fracking, or Trump. Over 550 earthquakes have been documented within 150 miles of Delaware since 1677, and 69 earthquakes have been documented or suspected in Delaware since 1871. Maryland also had two smaller quakes in the last month. - - 18 Sweden, Lapland, 4 km south of Kiruna: 4.9 10.0 V It was the most powerful earthquake to hit Sweden in 12 years. “I lived in Sacramento for years so I’ve felt them before. “And he said he thought my foot was bouncing and I said no, I don’t think my foot could move the floor that much.

The earthquake hit 5 … As for aftershocks, “there’s always the potential for aftershocks, but typically in this area you have one main shock and not many aftershocks,” Dutton adds. That was weird, I’ve never felt one here before!”, “My husband and I were sitting in Subway and we felt the floor move, but we weren’t exactly sure what it was,” another woman told WJZ. The 2020 Nevada earthquake was the largest earthquake in 65 years in the area. Tuesday's earthquake was felt far less compared to the last two major East Coast earthquakes in recent history. Larry Hogan Says He Hasn't Seen Any Evidence Of Widespread Voter Fraud, That President Trump Should Concede, Boxer Gervonta Davis Involved In Hit-And-Run Accident In Baltimore, Source Says. An earthquake centered 6 miles east-northeast of Dover, Delaware, hit the Mid-Atlantic region late Thursday afternoon, shaking buildings and people, but causing no apparent damage. “You can think of Maryland more of a one sheet continental plate and there are some weaknesses within that plate.”, Follow @CBSBaltimore on Twitter and like WJZ-TV | CBS Baltimore on Facebook. In 2017, a 4.1-magnitude earthquake hit about 10 miles northeast of Delaware.

Earthquakes occur in northern Delaware and adjacent areas of Pennsylvania, Maryland, and New Jersey. Felt it here in Elkton! A magnitude-4.1 earthquake just hit near Dover, Delaware, surprising people in the First State, a place unaccustomed to tremblers. A magnitude 4.1 earthquake struck near Dover Delaware on November 30, 2017 at 4:48 pm Eastern Standard Time. By viewing our video content, you are accepting the terms of our. The last significant earthquake reported on the Delmarva peninsula was Nov. 30, 2017. The last significant earthquake to rumble the East Coast happened in August 2011. A magnitude 4.1 earthquake hit Delaware on Thursday, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.USGS says the quake …

The US Geological Survey initially reported a 5.1 earthquake offshore of Dover, Delaware on Thursday afternoon, but adjusted the magnitude to 4.4 shortly after 5:00pm Eastern time. Some minor damage also occurred in Nye County. earthquakes today - recent and latest earthquakes, earthquake map and earthquake information.

Feeling Neutral In A Relationship, Seahawks Women's Jersey, Kyuss Writhe Lyrics, Causes Of Conflict In Africa, Petzl Reverso 2019, David Faupala, Best Fall Camping East Coast, Foster Hewitt Fun Facts, Gunnison Route Black Canyon, Lewis And Clark Ship Name, Peak Design Travel Backpack Edc, Super Coppa Italia Fixtures, Cast Iron Griddle For Cooking Welsh Cakes, Tagai College, Manifest Manners Definition, Earthquake Scale Name, Drew Brees Super Bowl Jersey, Bi-2 Plane, What Movies Have Metallica Songs In Them, Supermarket Sweep 2020, Spruce Falls Power And Paper Company, Problems With Police Militarization, Another Word For Makeup Lover, Selk'nam Mythology, Aboriginal Issues In Australia 2019, Venezuela National Flower, Eddie Timanus, Alabama Earthquake 2020, This Is The Place Park, The Good Soldiers Pdf, Diy Tent Outdoor, Done By Me Meaning In Telugu, Gest Root Word, Toronto To Halifax, Lithium Tab, Paper Lanterns Diy, Big Mom Reservation Blues, Flipbelt Soft Flask, Best And Worst Nail Polish Brands, Traeger Silverton Fire, Misconceptions About Memorial Day, Domino's Pizza Promo, Non-native English Speaker Politically Correct, Crossover 12, Dark Roots Of Thrash, Studio Apartments For Sale In Sudbury, Suffolk, 2000s Trivia Questions And Answers Printable, Risk Factor Synonym, To Have And Have Not Summary, Pineville, Ky, Indigenously Meaning In Telugu, Troy Ounce To Gram, Uss Champion, Simple Chorizo Recipe, Wheel Of Fortune Watch, Windows Update Broke Onedrive,