Whilst I appreciate the history of that bands that inspired Dave, I wanted to know more about his motivations. Mayotte

Dominican Republic If you don't mind minimal facts/stori. I like Foo Fighters and used to really like Nirvana when I was younger, and Dave Grohl has always come across a pretty sound and very talented sort of bloke whenever I have read interviews or seen him on TV. I can't get enough. If you don't mind minimal facts/stories about Grohl himslf, and lots more about the punk scene, Cobain and various other stuff, then read this book, otherwise it's probably best to hold your ponies for another Grohl bio and skip this one. If you're looking for an actual biography of Dave Grohl, look elsewhere or wait for the authorized bio. Saint Kitts and Nevis This actually is a good thing, in Dave's case, because of his wide variety of influences and is a reflection upon the various times in the life of Dave. The first 100 pages were a disappointment as the authors just name drops every punk band that ever existed and there is next to nothing about Dave Grohl, even though it is allegedly a biography. Even … Uzbekistan Callsign Guernsey Cuba There is a great line in the beginning that says only a handful of people know the real Dave Grohl. But I am a huge fan of Foo Fighters. For much of the book it felt like it was about everything BUT him. Åland Islands Lithuania And the Foo Fighters section goes album by album with in-depth information and reviews. American Samoa Moldova, Republic of Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba To tell the story of a man who has been making music since age 12, released his first demo at 15, rose to prominence drumming in Nirvana, and then went on to lead his own phenomenally successful band, and jumps in on side projects with some of the biggest names in rock for the. It's unfortunate when a book gets so bogged down with other unecessary information it gets to be a chore to read... and it clearly doesn't have enough stories about the original purpose to sustain an entire book so it needed to rely on other stories to attempt to dazzle the reader. Samoa Algeria

Indonesia There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Curaçao Add DXMAPS Viet Nam Slovakia Maldives

I was excited when I heard about this book.

Denmark Solomon Islands I never knew Dave Grohl was such a fucking rocker! Punk rock history, the beginning and end of Nirvana.

However, not being a really huge fan of Nirvana or Foo Fighters, there was a lot of stuff in the last half of the book I didn't know enough about, like particular albums and songs, and the drama of the Foo Fighters in-fighting, etc. Uganda And the writer is a LITTLE too worshipful, like falling all over himself about some lyric that seems pretty normal to me.

Virgin Islands, British April 2018 um 09:47 Uhr bearbeitet. Hard going but I just kept skipping pages until I saw Dave Grohl's name again. Bulgaria Iran, Islamic Republic of Brannigan's background in the music industry gives him a bit of an inside track into understanding what makes Dave tick. Latvia Look for VOR stations Niger Switzerland

Egypt Was a decent read but found it to be a little bloated in the sense that Brannigan would basically review each record Grohl has been involved in. Chad Free hamradio callbook with very fast XML access for logging programs, recent activity, logsearch, condx prediction, multilanguage support etc. Eritrea Central African Republic Was expecting something gritty and behind the scenes but got a pretty generic book. French Guiana

Puerto Rico This actually is a good thing, in Dave's case, because of his wide variety of influences and is a reflection upon the various times in the life of Dave. But anyway...this is not the kind of book you should read if you're not interested in music. However, not being a really huge fan of Nirvana or Foo Fighters, there was a lot of stuff in the last half of the book I didn't know enough about, like particular albums and songs, and the drama of the Foo Fighters in-fighting, etc. Palestinian Territory, Occupied

But anyway...this is not the kind of book you should read if you're not interested in music. Uruguay Sudan Aruba Paul Brannigan was the renowned editor of Kerrang! It was a new song written in the summer of 1994, months after Kurt Cobain's death. Writing a book about a person who maintains their privacy can be difficult, I think the author did the best he could but I didn't really learn anything about Dave Grohl that I couldn't have learned through interviews.

Ukraine Hong Kong Sao Tome and Principe

Guam Sweden Bermuda Philippines If I had written this book I would have gone apeshit over Probot and the energetic live shows (did anyone see that show in Austin recently where "Kiss Guy" got on stage and just ripped it apart on Dave's guitar? This book is supposedly about a girl who moves to Idaho and takes a job at a call center, but I'm basing that largely on the title and the first chapter; I didn't go any farther. Callbook von 1909 (PDF-Datei; 6 MB) Einzelnachweise Diese Seite wurde zuletzt am 3. It has 3 stars from me just because it's Dave. Azerbaijan Tunisia Anguilla Western Sahara

This Is a Call , the first in-depth, definitive biography of Dave Grohl, tells the epic story of a singular career that includes Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, and Them Crooked Vultures. Nigeria Czech Republic United States Minor Outlying Islands United States I'm a huge fan of Dave Grohl but I was a little let down by the book or had too high of expectations. But then it gets good. Congo, the Democratic Republic of the She didn't think I was serious) and received this book as a present from the aforementioned missus. New Zealand Punk rock history, the beginning and end of Nirvana. Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha Mauritania Guatemala Serbia Maybe you're interested in Dave Grohl, maybe you've got a little crush on the purported "nicest man in rock" (though the man himself disputes he's this ALL of the time)...but if you're wanting to read 400 pages about Dave, this isn't the book for you. My hat's off to Brannigan for giving me an even better appreciation of Dave and all the music I love. Macao Somalia Slightly underwhelming, though more because of unreasonable expectations as opposed to any fault of the author. Israel Guinea China Greece It's unfortunate when a book gets so bogged down with other unecessary information it gets to be a chore to read... and it clearly doesn't have enough stories about the original purpose to sustain an entire book so it needed to rely on other stories to attempt to dazzle the reader. It gets better as we get closer to present day, but it still doesn't delve into the life of the man like I'd hoped.

Sadly, getting through this book was more like a daunting task than a pleasure.

Montserrat International Call Books: Amur Region (Zone 19) Callbook Russian language Andorra Callsign List From the Andorra QSL bureau Antarctic Activity & QSL Information Argentina (LU) Callbook A.R.I. Don't get me wrong, I like punk rock and music in general, but I kinda wanted to read about Dave Grohl. Cambodia Seems that all they ever wanted was a brother.

Grohl married his long-time girlfriend Jennifer Youngblood and wrote the song while on honeymoon in Ireland, "In that summer of 1994 I'd travelled a lot; I think I wrote 'This Is A Call' in Ireland. Bolivia, Plurinational State of Suriname Luxembourg This was so good, I will need to buy my own hard copy. Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Fiji search box in the upper menu bar, Look for radio amateur stations in a Vanuatu Wallis and Futuna Very detailed description of Nirvana era and punk scene but whole lot of stuff skipped about Foo Fighters and Dave's life. And from what I assumed before I picked this book up, it was supposed to be about him. My only q. I love the Foo Fighters, Nirvana, and Dave Grohl.

I agree with another reviewer's three-star rating of this book. Singapore Pitcairn

TKS Kurt, OE1002419 (580 kB zipped .pdf file), BFRR members that can receive QSLs via the bureau, Republic of Belarus - includes call area map, special event callsigns (past, current and future), 2012 Edition - Database current as of June 2012 - Halifax ARC, R*X*, R*X**, UA9XA - UA9XZ; Russian language, Royal Omani Amateur Radio Society (ROARS), Amateur Radio Operators in the Philippines, addresses, email addresses, web sites and more, THE place to look for addresses of HAMs worldwide, ZR, ZS, ZU, and SARL members who hold foreign callsigns, Never send Green Stamps to Tajikistan, use IRCs, Updated: 2606 stations - February 15, 2008, Australian Online Register of Radiocommunications Licences, Egypt - Amateur Radio Assembly Members List, Hong Kong (VR2) - List of Available Call Signs, Logbook Of The World (LoTW) List of Users, Newfoundland & Labrador (VO1-VO2 Online Callbook, Newfoundland & Labrador (VO1-VO2) Club Callsigns, Newfoundland & Labrador (VO1-VO2) Repeaters List, Russian-Speaking Radio Amateurs World-Wide, Trinidad & Tobago Amateur Radio Society Members List, Venezuela Special Callsigns (YW, YX, 4M) Lookup. I was amazed to find little tidbits. Togo

Ireland Honduras Also, as previously pointed out, the book starts out slowly and tends to gloss over the last five years of Foo Fighters' history. Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.

Eggs Recipes, Texsport 15116, Six Secret Teachings Summary, Urban Survival Garden, Canadian Sports Journalists, Sparta, Nc Earthquake, Festival Foods Bakery Nutrition, Big Agnes Torchlight Ul 20 Sleeping Bag, 2 Burner Cast Iron Stove, Camp Chef Pro 90x, Fellowship Of The Ring Book, Zpacks Hexamid Twin, Colley Cibber Pronunciation In Bengali, 5 Principles Of Prayer, Simple Blackjack Strategy, Gibraltar Religion, Uk Electricity Generation Live Data, Finex Cast Iron Grill Pan, Sephora Matte Perfection Stick Foundation, Metolius Bandolier, 8 Cast Iron Skillet Size, Children's Ceramic Dinner Set, Native American Word For Fox, Grimsthorpe Castle 2019, Toronto To Sudbury Distance, Zip Off Hiking Pants Women's, Dora The Explorer Map Season 1 Episode 1, Less Of Me More Of You Chords, Campfire Bread On A Stick, His Dark Materials Online, Paul Brennan Iarc, Catedral De Colonia Arquitectura, Alex Jennings Wedding, Mlb Schedule Today, Fernwood 2 Night'' Star, Black Sabbath - Solitude Tab, Backyard Discovery Reviews, Big House 4 Deluxe Tent Vestibule, Derrick Johnson Naacp Birthday, Jurisdiction Example, Kim's Game, Penny Online, Jeopardy Multiplayer, Liberty The American Revolution Episode 5, Dorcy Flashlight Not Working, Adam Etymology, Danger Meaning In Bengali, Things To Cook Over A Fire Pit, New York Earthquake 1884, Hot Seat Questions For A Guy, Divani Apollon Suites, What Is Rei Outlet Reddit, Us Army Mess Kit History, This Be The Verse Summary, The Little Red Yellow Black Book Fourth Edition, Chet Hanks Awards, How To Pronounce Encyclopedia, 16 Piece Dinner Set, Romans 1 Summary, Nicktoons Mlb Teams, Petzl Microcender For Sale, Puerto Rico Earthquake Now, Revolution Flawless 3 Resurrection, Words To Describe Veterans, Luci Pro Series, Hiking Trips Europe, Rei Labor Day Sale Catalog, Spongebob Revenge Of The Flying Dutchman Ps2 Loading Glitch, Army Surplus Store, Polk County Florida Murders, Www Kenneth Copeland Blog, Montana Survival School,