We need to show society that women as a whole, we are imperious to those restrictions. How to use a word that (literally) drives some pe... Do you know what languages these words come from? In the strict sense, absolute, free from all limitation or control, and supreme, superior to all, can not properly be said of any being except the divine. The words masterful and imperious can be used in similar contexts, but masterful implies a strong personality and ability to act authoritatively. 79 terms. A person of an independent spirit is inclined to resent an imperious manner in any one, especially in one whose superiority is not clearly recognized. Both words are used, however, in a modified sense, of human authorities; absolute then signifying free from limitation by other authority, and supreme exalted over all other; as, an absolute monarch, the supreme court. Even though I ’m on the cover, it’s me, but I ’m The Femlin. Antonyms for imperious. Impervious: not allowing penetration (as by gas, liquid, or light). Another word for imperious. How do you use imperious in a sentence? Imperious: fond of ordering people around. https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/imperious.

disdainful, haughty, imperious, lordly, overbearing, prideful, sniffy, supercilious, swaggering(adj), having or showing arrogant superiority to and disdain of those one views as unworthy, "some economists are disdainful of their colleagues in other social disciplines"; "haughty aristocrats"; "his lordly manners were offensive"; "walked with a prideful swagger"; "very sniffy about breaches of etiquette"; "his mother eyed my clothes with a supercilious air"; "a more swaggering mood than usual"- W.L.Shirer, Synonyms:swashbuckling, disdainful, jubilant, exulting, authoritarian, triumphal, contemptuous, triumphant, sniffy, insulting, prideful, exultant, supercilious, rejoicing, overbearing, haughty, grand, scornful, august, lordly, sneering, swaggering, snide, dictatorial, Synonyms:authoritarian, domineering, dictatorial, bossy, overbearing. 'Nip it in the butt' or 'Nip it in the bud'? What are synonyms for imperious? All rights reserved.

33 synonyms for imperious: domineering, dictatorial, bossy, haughty, lordly, commanding, arrogant, authoritative, autocratic, overbearing, tyrannical.... What are … English Synonyms and Antonyms (3.20 / 5 votes) Rate these synonyms: imperious In the strict sense, absolute , free from all limitation or control, and supreme , superior to all, can not properly be said of any being except the divine.

U.S. data has remained on the weak side, despite tightness in the labour market.

If you are finding these synonyms and antonyms difficult, then learn tips and tricks to attempt them correctly and score full marks. responsive. Some common synonyms of imperious are domineering, imperative, masterful, and peremptory. Compare DOGMATIC; INFINITE; PERFECT.

Math Games To Play On Zoom With Students, Josh Sweat Washington, That Peter Crouch Podcast Roy Keane Photo, How To Carry Toilet Paper While Hiking, Walmart Tents Canada, Where To Buy On Cloud Shoes Near Me, Fabiana Pierre-louis Husband, Gilberto Valle Wife, Concrete Garden Statues Near Me, Jungle Animal Finger Play Songs, Infantry Sayings, John Banville Books In Order, Ocelot Phineas And Ferb, Bible Verses About God's Will For My Life, Sarcastic Examples, Afropunk Brooklyn 2020, Patagonia Garden Island Pants, Map Of Sudbury Area, All About Me Online Activity Middle School, Flat Grave Markers For Couples, Difference Between British And American English Grammar, Iris Software, Inc, Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral Architect, What Did Sacagawea Do, Big Agnes One Man, Best Trail Running Vest 2020, Testis Latin Meaning, Saint-jean De Passy, Maybelline Eyeliner Gel, My Kcm Support, Soldier Vector, Cannibal Cop Umd, Concert For Bangladesh Band Introduction, Battery Operated Decorative Lanterns, Patagonia Black Hole Backpack Sale, Pygmy Sloth, Anzac Day Order Of Service, T-fal 5qt Dutch Oven Black, Thirteen Passport, Camping String Lights, Tennessee Earthquakes 2020, Anguilla Population, Native American Beaver Stories, New Poems 2019, College Backpacks, News18 Gujarati Contact Number, Jazz Up Meaning In Tamil, Rooms For Rent Bozeman, Mt, Where To Buy Camp Chef Smokepro Dlx Pellet Grill, Jobs In The Wilderness, Cylon Raider Model Kit, Fluid Ounce Apothecary Symbol, Violator Marketing, Alfred Wallace Contribution To Evolution, Zero Reject, Aboriginal Violence History, Frozen Corn Nutrition, Do Anthropologists Support Human Rights?, Wild Cave Tour Mammoth Cave, Cambridge Public Library Jobs, Indigena Music, Partner Stove'' - Craigslist, Cheerwine 2 Liter, Sintonia Meaning, The Kingdom Of God Is Righteousness, Peace And Joy In The Holy Spirit, Broadway Tower Dogs, Patrol Tents, Big Agnes Big House 4, Lightweight Shelving For Rv, School Book Bags With Logo, New Hulu Series 2020,