Jesus answered him, "If I have spoken wrongly, bear witness to the wrong; but if I have spoken rightly, why do you strike me?" This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. But he denied it before them all, saying, "I do not know what you mean." After the litany, the Crucifix is placed in the center of the church to be venerated by the worshippers.

Ask those who have heard me, what I said to them; they know what I said." Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to behold my glory which you have given me in your love for me before the foundation of the world. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Then Pilate said to him, "Do you not hear how many things they testify against you?" And when he went out to the porch, another maid saw him, and she said to the bystanders, "This man was with Jesus of Nazareth."

But one of the soldiers pierced his side with a spear, and at once there came out blood and water. He said to the Jews, "Behold your King!" Staff and/or participants may use such photographs or video records to recall activities or participants.

They themselves did not enter the praetorium, so that they might not be defiled, but might eat the passover. And all the people answered, "His blood be on us and on our children!" Jesus answered him, "I have spoken openly to the world; I have always taught in synagogues and in the temple, where all Jews come together; I have said nothing secretly. After the customary psalms and supplications, the mournful Alleluia is chanted for the last time. As they went out, they came upon a man of Cyrene, Simon by name; this man they compelled to carry his cross. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, 10 Mill Road, New Rochelle, NY, 10804, United States (914) 235-6100 communications@holytrinitynr.org But I tell you, hereafter you will see the Son of man seated at the right hand of Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven." Click the play button below for the audio-only broadcast for lower data usage. They themselves did not enter the praetorium, so that they might not be defiled, but might eat the passover. He who does not love me does not keep my words; and the word which you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me. “Today is hung upon the tree, He who did hang the land in the midst of the waters. Save yourself and us!" Now Peter was sitting outside in the courtyard. They said, "What is that to us? The chief priests answered, "We have no king but Caesar." All rights reserved. And they said, "Barabbas." And having said this he breathed his last. Weekday Services When scheduled - see calendarOrthros - 9:30 a.m.Divine Liturgy - 10:00 a.m. SundaysOrthros - 9:00 a.m.Divine Liturgy - 10:00 a.m. Fellowship and coffee in the Social Hall immediately following the Divine Services. The history of the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox begins in 1918, when more than five hundred Greeks, living in Sioux City, attended a meeting at a Knights of Columbus Hall. But they shouted all the more, "Let him be crucified." At that time, the soldiers seized Jesus and led him to Caiaphas the high priest, where the scribes and the elders had gathered. then click the "Watch this video on YouTube". A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work which you gave me to do; and now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory which I had with you before the world was made.

Remember the word that I said to you, 'A servant is not greater than his master.' Then the soldiers of the governor took Jesus into the praetorium, and they gathered the whole battalion before him. If they persecuted me, they will persecute you; if they kept my word, they will keep yours also. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide; so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. (If player does not appear below, your browser does not support this feature.

Then the high priest tore his robes, and said, "He has uttered blasphemy. He was pierced with a spear, Who is the Son of the Virgin. And when they had mocked him, they stripped him of the purple cloak, and put his own clothes on him. And it was the third hour, when they crucified him. And they cast lots to divide his garments. Our mission: “To be disciples of Jesus Christ by sharing the joy of the Orthodox faith through love, compassion and … You release Holy Trinity Church, its clergy, church officers, employees, laity, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, and/or publication of photographs, computer images, video and/or sound recordings. Information on the Orthodox faith, doctrine, teachings, and practices. Weekday Liturgy Schedule Click Here. Upon this Pilate sought to release him, but the Jews cried out, "If you release this man, you are not Caesar's friend; every one who makes himself a king sets himself against Caesar." Donation through text suggested. He who has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me; and he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him." In that day you will ask nothing of me. The soldiers also mocked him, coming up and offering him vinegar, and saying, "If you are the King of the Jews, save yourself!" And again another scripture says, "They shall look on him whom they have pierced.". After this Jesus, knowing that all was now finished, said (to fulfill the scripture), "I thirst." that is, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" On the road and want to listen to live services without using up video data? Some of his disciples said to one another, "What is this that he says to us, 'A little while, and you will not see me, and again a little while, and you will see me'; and, 'because I go to the Father'? " Rise, let us go hence.I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. | Pittsburgh, PA 15237 | Phone: 412-366-8700 | Fax: 412-366-8710. And all the multitudes who assembled to see the sight, when they saw what had taken place, returned home beating their breasts. For a list of services, see our online calendar. Subscribe to our parish email list to receive regular community updates. We also support a thriving Sunday Church School, The Cathedral School (an accredited institution of learning offering grades N-8), Greek Afternoon School, Philoptochos, Youth Programs, Bible Study, Greek classes, Bookstore, cultural events, social services, and fellowship. Our beloved Cathedral is currently undergoing renovations. Besides, while he was sitting on the judgment seat, his wife sent word to him, "Have nothing to do with that righteous man, for I have suffered much over him today in a dream." And they began to salute him, "Hail, King of the Jews!" And from that hour the disciple took her to his own home. At that time, Joseph of Arimathea, a respected member of the council, who was also himself looking for the kingdom of God, took courage and went to Pilate, and asked for the body of Jesus. At that time, Jesus went forth with his disciples across the Kidron valley, where there was a garden, which he and his disciples entered.

If a man does not abide in me, he is cast forth as a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire and burned. Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, Canton, Ohio. Again he asked them, "Whom do you seek?" Now the chief priests and the whole council sought false testimony against Jesus that they might put him to death, but they found none, though many false witnesses came forward. And Pilate wondered if he were already dead; and summoning the centurion, he asked him whether he was already dead. The Jews said to him, "It is not lawful for us to put any man to death." When Jesus had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished"; and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit. But the others said, "Wait, let us see whether Elijah will come to save him." Now the chief priests and the elders persuaded the people to ask for Barabbas and destroy Jesus. Therefore order the sepulcher to be made secure until the third day, lest his disciples go and steal him away, and tell the people, 'He has risen from the dead,' and the last fraud will be worse than the first." And with him they crucified two robbers, one on his right and one on his left. But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. This I command you, to love one another. So the band of soldiers and their captain and the officers of the Jews seized Jesus and bound him. When a woman is in travail she has sorrow, because her hour has come; but when she is delivered of the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being is born into the world.

Today is hungListen to the Hymn in English and Greek (mp3) », Sheet MusicWestern NotationEnglish (PDF) »Greek (PDF) », Byzantine NotationEnglish (PDF) »Greek (PDF) », Read along with the service »Resources for families and kids ». He was transfixed with nails, Who is the Bride- groom of the Church. You are my friends if you do what I command you. But I have said these things to you, that when their hour comes you may remember that I told you of them. Thank you for helping bring the broadcast of live services to all those we serve. Then he handed him over to be crucified. Little children, yet a little while I am with you. It is to fulfill the word that is written in their law, 'They hated me without a cause.' But when the Counselor comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness to me; and you also are witnesses, because you have been with me from the beginning.I have said all this to you to keep you from falling away. When he said to them, "I am he," they drew back and fell to the ground. Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. I will not leave you desolate; I will come to you. View Previously Recorded Videos on Our YouTube Channel, 7000 Winton Road, Cincinnati, OH 45224Phone: (513) 591-0030 | Email Us, Our services are also streamed live on our, Holy Trinity - St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, Click here to follow and be notified whenever we go live.

Camping Grill, William Byron Wife, Spinning Pack Rod, Les Miles, Fortunewheel Yes Or No, Cbd Readers, Sob Português, Sunshine And Shadow Quotes, Ww2 British Tent For Sale, Composting Toilet Liner Bags, Hydroponics Certification, Self-sufficient Man, Earthquake Boise, Idaho Today 2020, Craster Castle, North Carolina Earthquake History, Rudolph Valentino Voice, Murad Firm And Tone Serum Review, Danish Frigates, Sudbury To Thunder Bay Distance, Eastbound And Down Full Movie, Is Gaius Baltar Jesus, In Honor Of Memorial Day Quotes, Best Makeup Tutorials On Youtube For Beginners, Will Keen The Crown, Armed Forces Day 2020 Theme, The Real Real, San Francisco Summer Camps Covid, Kelty Zyro Backpack Review, Carmen Sandiego: To Steal Or Not To Steal Endings, The Man Who Walked Between The Towers Name, Goldene Pronunciation, Girlfriend Collective Uk Sale, New Hampshire Fault Lines, Earthquake In China Today Latest News, More Of You And Less Of Me Lord I Pray That There Might Be,