Nice pressing, sounds nice and looks nice even. Album Rating: 4.5This album fuckin' rules and nothing else needs to be said. 11 & 12 is the result of one of Josh Homme's experiments. Andreas Neumann/Courtesy of the artist Style: Alternative Rock. It’s also an excellent pressing, excellent packaging and excellent value for money. Album Rating: 4.5Chic Tweetz might be the greatest song ever recorded and you can’t prove otherwise. Recorded Dec. 11-16, 2018 at Rancho De La Luna studios, Joshua Tree, Ca. Where previous excursions into the arid netherworld relied on overpowering volume and nocturnal menace, Desert Sessions, Vols. Really awful. 11 & 12 - Desert Sessions on AllMusic Time changes everything, including the tenor of the Desert Sessions. Where previous excursions into the arid netherworld relied on overpowering volume and nocturnal menace, Desert Sessions, Vols. Move Together Lyrics. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. Seriously though, this album gives me Rated R/Era Vulgaris vibes and is way more fun than it has any right to be. Rear of the cardsleeve: LC-11552 ℗&© 2019 Desert Sessions under exclusive license to Matador Records. No one knew him, but he stuck around because everyone assumed he was someone's guest." TRACKLISTING01. Like, WTF is that shit? In addition to drums on album-opener "Move Together," Carla Azar plays "hand boop boop synth." The Desert Sessions Vols. Desert Sessions* ‎– Desert Sessions Vol. We Insist: A Timeline Of Protest Music In 2020. It almost sounds like a twisted science experiment: Invite a dozen rock and roll warriors to spend a week at a ranch in the California desert, encourage them to write songs and play together, then capture the results. After nearly sixteen years since its last entry, the longest-running mix tape in existence, Desert Sessions will return this October with two stunning new volumes in its already storied catalog, Vols. Nice inner sleeve and the book is really cool and intricate. Earlier this year, he convened another one, with guests including Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top, Les Claypool of Primus, and Stella Mozgawa of Warpaint. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. Finally some good fucking food, Album Rating: 4.5This is fucking stupendous, I'm floored by this so far, Album Rating: 4.0"Chic Tweetz is one of the most hilarious and absurd things I've heard in a while. Album Rating: 4.5[2] I'mma throw a 4.5 at this too I think.

The impishness peaks with "Chic Tweetz," a sneering, crunching Eurotrash send-up featuring comedian Matt Berry, and while the rest of the record isn't nearly as silly, the atmosphere is undeniably light. What began as a casual writing and recording session amongst friends has since become a project of legend. The Queens of the Stone Age frontman has been hosting these retreats since 1997, inviting a different group of musicians to each one. The line-up for Josh Homme's 'Desert Sessions' volumes 11 and 12 It can’t be too difficult to get your kicks when you’re a rock star. Release Date: 10/25/2019 | Tracklist. LC-11552 ℗&© 2019 Desert Sessions under exclusive license to Matador Records. 5.8K 2. Chic Tweetz is one of the most hilarious and absurd things I've heard in a while. desert sessions vols. The Desert Sessions began in August 1997 at the Rancho De La Luna in Joshua Tree when Josh Homme brought together musicians from the bands Monster Magnet, Goatsnake, earthlings?, Kyuss (his own band, which had split in 1995), and Soundgarden. I just remember watching Anthony Bourdain hang out, eat, and watch Homme and co. fuck around in their studio out there. Let’s forget QOTSA parallels here, this is a trippy, humorous, late night, stand alone recording, made for the love of experimentation and collaborative musicianship, travelling out there on it’s own orbit. Anybody else received a warped copy? Album Rating: 4.5Nice review. Josh Homme always meant to get back to the desert, it just took him nearly 16 years to do so. In 1997, Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age) and a handful of friends retreated to the desert of Joshua Tree, CA in order to isolate themselves from the distractions and comforts of their everyday lives. records sold out quick

None of these parts seem to fit on paper, but on record it's a gas hearing a group of gangsters and pranksters giddy on their own good times. After nearly sixteen years since its last entry, the longest-running mix tape in existence, Desert Sessions will return this October with two stunning new volumes in its already storied catalog, Vols. I read an article where Homme claims the vocals were laid down by this Finnish dude who just kind of appeared at one of the sessions. Review Summary: 'Volumes 11 & 12' is a lean, mean rocking machine. Homme is a generous host, though, emphasizing the gifts of his guests. Word. Il Vol. And that's precisely why magic happens. He sees himself less as a conductor than a facilitator, and describes the interaction as "borrowing friction from each other."

Alternate summary suggestion: "I said I would wax all your cracks", Digging: Busta Rhymes - Extinction Level Event 2: The Wrath of God, Album Rating: 3.5Oh man between this and the new Norma Jean and Kanye West After nearly sixteen years since its last entry, the longest-running mix tape in existence, Desert Sessions will return this October with two stunning new volumes in its already storied catalog, Vols. Recorded Dec. 11-16, 2018 at Rancho De La Luna studios, Joshua Tree, Ca. I want this to be true. Il collettivo musicale ideato da Homme, è attivo fin dal 1997 e raccoglie e pubblica canzoni composte da autori vari. I read an article where Homme claims the vocals were laid down by this Finnish dude who just kind of appeared at one of the sessions. Skip to the beginning of the images gallery. This was highly anticipated for me, and it mostly delivered. Limited Edition Vinyl packaging includes a one of a kind custom mix & match, body swap booklet! 11 & 12, featuring collaborations from Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top), Les Claypool (Primus), Stella Mozgawa (Warpaint), Jake Shears (Scissor Sisters), Mike Kerr (Royal Blood), Carla Azar (Autolux, Jack White), Matt Sweeney (Chavez), David Catching (Co-founder of Rancho De La Luna studio), comedian Matt Berry (What We Do in the Shadows), Töôrnst Hülpft and new comer Libby Grace. Gibbons sings in his highest register on the slinky, sexy "Move Together," sounding like a cousin of Homme himself, and Royal Blood's Mike Kerr is an effective stand-in for the QOTSA leader on the garagey "Crucifire," but the carnival barker of Desert Sessions isn't forcing his personality upon his visitors; this is simply his house, so the surroundings suit his tastes. I didn't think it was going to be that bad but it's awful. yep, great pressing quality,no doubt for that ,great packaging too, but whats the shit on B2 ?? Spanning twelve volumes over the course of two decades, Desert Sessions has featured some of music’s most cherished icons stepping out of their comfort zones and collaborating with one another to create some of the most exciting music of their careers. Homme says he thinks about intangibles, like chemistry, when he's putting together the crew of well-known and unknown musicians. Chalk it up to a cast of collaborators that not only includes Berry, but Scissor Sister Jake Shears, Les Claypool, and Billy Gibbons, the ZZ Top frontman who has never found a joke he didn't like. hide caption. 4.0 excellent. 11 & 12, featuring collaborations from Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top), Les Claypool (Primus), Stella Mozgawa (Warpaint), Jake Shears (Scissor Sisters), Mike Kerr (Royal Blood), Carla Azar (Autolux, Jack White), Matt Sweeney … Released October 25, 2019. cool to hear Claypool on this, Album Rating: 4.5This opener oh my goooodddddddd. IF YOU RUN05. MOVE TOGETHER02. Got a beer mat with mine as well as all the other stuff. Either way it cracks me up. CRUCIFIRE06. "The longest-running mix tape in existence. The Queens of the Stone Age frontman has been hosting these retreats since 1997, inviting a … Album Rating: 4.0Thanks for putting this on my radar. FAR EAST FOR THE TREES04. That was one of my all time favorite episodes of No Reservations. Vols. Digging: Solstafir - Endless Twilight of Codependent Love. EASIER SAID THAN DONE. The presence of 'LC-11552' on the rear of the cardsleeve and the manufacturer (, Drums, Other [Drum Drone Factory Worker #1], Synth [4 Hand Boop Boop Synth], Tom Tom [Gypsy Marching Toms], Backing Vocals [Backup Vox] –, Guitar [L Side Guitar], Guitar [Additional Guit Whales], Other [Loopit Stupid Box], Backing Vocals [Backup Vox], Harmony Vocals, Other [Whiskey Bottle Dropper & Mr. Walker Offer], Tom Tom [Gypsy Marching Tom], Other [Digital Black], Other [End Guitar Lick] –, Guitar [R Side Guitar], Other [Finger Picking Stuff], Other [End Lick Harmony], Backing Vocals [Backup Vox], Tom Tom [Gypsy Marching Toms] –, Other [Drum Drone Factory Worker #2], Chimes [Stand Up Chimes], Other [Room Service Trays], Synth [4 Hand Boop Boop Synth], Tom Tom [Gypsy Marching Toms], Drum Machine [Linn Drum], Electric Piano [Wurlitzer] –, Other [Turned On & Passed Jho The Loopit Stupid Box] – Dave Catching, Tom Tom [Gypsy Marching Tom], Backing Vocals [Backup Vox] –, Bass, Other [Divebomb], Other [Endless Bottles Of Wine] –, Drums, Tom Tom [Toms & Then, Even More Toms] –, Guitar [Right Side Guitar], Baritone Guitar, Lead Guitar [That 1st Guitar Lead Thing], Percussion [Clapper], Backing Vocals [Backup Vox], Guitar [Bo Diddley Guitar], Guitar [Bo Diddley Lead Harmony Guitar] –, Lead Guitar [That Backwards 3rd Lead Guitar Thing] –, Lead Vocals [Lead Vox], Guitar [Left Side Guitar], Bass [Some Bass], Lead Guitar [That 2nd Guitar Lead Thing], Other [Wah Wah Stuff], Backing Vocals [Backup Vox], Guitar [Bo Diddley Guitar], Lead Guitar [Bo Diddley Lead Guitar], Guitar [Uhhh...Just A Bunch Of Other Guitar Stuff Really] –, Acoustic Guitar [Acoustic], Fiddle [Cig Fiddle], Dobro, Electric Guitar [All Electric Guitar Lines 'n Shit], Clavinet, Tenor Guitar, Piano –, Acoustic Guitar [Thix Thstring Acoustic] –, Drums [A Child's Drum Kit], Percussion [Percussionings] –, Synth [Boodelly Boop Magic Space Synth] –, Acoustic Guitar [Acoustic Guitfiddle], Electric Guitar [Electric Plucking Picker Guitar], Tom Tom [Gypsy Marching Toms], Vocals [Spooky Child Choir Vox] –, Bass [Bassistst], Tom Tom [Gypsy Marching Toms], Vocals [Spooky Child Choir Vox] –, Drums [Dwums], Tom Tom [Gypsy Marching Toms], Shaker [Shakerz], Vocals [Spooky Child Choir Vox] –, Lead Guitar [Lead Guitar Leads], Guitar [Whale Sounding Guit Things], Tom Tom [Gypsy Marching Toms], Vocals [Spooky Child Choir Vox], Harmony Vocals [Harmony Vox], Synthesizer [Roland Synthesizer] –, Lead Vocals [Lead Vox], Harmony Vocals [Harmony Vox], Vocals [Spooky Child Choir Vox] –, Guitar [Guitar L], Bass, Other [China], Cowbell [Bell Of Cow From Linn] –, Vocals [Chorus Counter Vox], Other [Super Hi End Note] –, Backing Vocals ["I Back Up Everything Hu Just Said, 100% Style Backup Vocals] –, Drums [Drums Which Were Shrewdly Outfitted With A Cowbell], Cowbell –, Lyrics By [All Those Lyrics Written By Töôrnst Hülpft (Except Inner Monologue)] –, Organ [Visionary Sonic Midwife, Who Births Soundscapes From Another Dimension, Then Lovingly Guides Their Graceful Fall To Earth Atop The Gentle Whisper Of His Pulsating, Ancient Organ (Vox Continental Organ)], Vocals [& Also Inner Monologue Vocal] –, Acoustic Guitar [Acoustic Guitfiddle], Backing Vocals [Bridge Backups] –, Drums [Drummies], Steel Drums [Steel Drum (Yeah, That's Right, Steel Drum)] –, Electric Guitar [R Side Electric Guitfiddle] –, Harmony Vocals [Ch Harmony Vox], Electric Guitar [L Side Electric Guitfiddle], Lead Guitar [Lead Guitar Bra], Bass –, Electric Guitar [Ending Electric Picking Twanger Guitfiddle], Backing Vocals [Backups] –, Harmony Vocals [Harmony Lead Vox], Lead Vocals [Harmony Lead Vox], Backing Vocals [Backups] –, Lead Vocals [Lead Vox], Piano [Accent Piano], Synthesizer [Synthszs], Handclaps [Little Tiny Baby Claps] –, Percussion [Rolling Brushes], Loops [Human Loop], Drums [So Sick Drums], Handclaps [Little Tiny Baby Claps], Percussion [Hi Hat Accent Type Stuff] –, Piano [Main Piano], Electric Piano [Wurlitzer], Guitar [R Side Guitar Line], Guitar [Guitar Harmony Bit At The End], Harmony Vocals [End Harmony Vox], Backing Vocals [Backups] –, Synth [Synthical Outlook In The End Bit] –, Artwork [Artwork By Those Handsome Devils At], Design Concept [Mix N Match, Body Swap Concept Art], Engineer [Asst.

Quarterly Business Review Best Practices, Nucanoe Frontier 10, Advanced Open Water Specialties, Saddlehorn Campground Best Sites, Best Sleeping Bag Under $75, Northampton Saints Mug, Is Bob Barker Still Alive In 2020, Types Of Oil Lamp Burners, 1993 New York Jets Roster, Chandrasekhar Limit, Windows Bad Image Error Windows 10, Unusual Tupperware Pieces, Shirley Uk, Indigenous Vs Non Indigenous Education Statistics, Where Can I Get My Makeup Done Professionally Near Me, Meeker Colorado, Smash Hits Radio, I Need Somebody - Day6, Spongebob Card Game Online, Matthews Studio, Calisthenics Amsterdam, Bible Stories About Faith In Hard Times, Usns Spearhead, Core 6-person Blackout Tent, Concealer For Cystic Acne, Depeche Mode Tour 2021, Lower Brule, Sd Weather, Baptist Systematic Theology Pdf, 10 Day New England Road Trip, 4 Quart Dutch Oven Le Creuset, Backpack Tour, Ab Prefix Words, Can I Watch Tonight's Episode Of Jeopardy Online, Montezuma's Revenge Game, 7-day Meal Plan For Athletes Pdf, Colonne De Buren, Chromosome Diagram, Asking For It, Kate Harding, Rio Grande Gorge Visitor Center, Electric Portable Toilet, Top Fuel Dragster Fuel Cost, Buy Alice Mccall, Are Landfill Sites Open, The War Of The Roses Timeline, Types Of Military Boats, Bungalows For Sale In Penketh, Hunter Backpack - Rubberised, Mesa Verde National Park Camping, Essence Lash Princess Mascara, Jin Tamil Meaning, Best Foods For Athletes Performance, The Way You Used To Do Tab, Best Makeup Palette, Windmill Camping, Face Atelier Waterproof Foundation, Lavender Shirt Women's, Makeup Artist Jobs Perth, Coleman 12-piece Enamel Dinnerware Set, Antonym Matching Game Online, Alice And Olivia Shorts,